Feedjit Live Traffic Map or some time called Feedjit Recent Visitors and ClustrMaps are 2 of the most popular visitors’ geographical log used by most websites. Do you know what are the main differences between them and why we have both of them on our web ?
Well, if they are the same, I won’t try to waste my web space to put both of them and at the same time, will not waste your time to load both of them every time you pay a visit to our webpages. I didn’t crack them down to the codes level (I don’t have access to the codes anyway) to find out the differences but only look at the surface differences of each other in terms of the information they are carrying and you could decides which one suits you more or you want to do the same things as I do, using both of them to track. (I am only comparing vs free version of clustrMaps)
- Update frequency
- Feedjit : Almost real time
- ClustrMaps : Selected options of Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Never
- Archive frequency ( How long count is reset to zero or been overwritten )
- Feedjit : Thumbnail, 100 most recent visits. Large map, 1000 most recent visits.
- ClustrMaps : Selected options of Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly. Visited spots will remains until reaching the selected reset cycle.
- Large map details
- Feedjit : Maximum 1000 most recent visitors location to city level with zoom-able google style maps. Including showing what pages each of the location visited.
- ClustrMaps : Showing visiting density with size of red dots to each locations nearest to country on a 800 x 300 world map with maximum daily visitor of 2500.
In general, both of them offering different features, depend on what the users like to have. We kept both of them where Feedjit let us have an instant view of what our visitors interested in when we look at them. On the other hand, ClustrMaps let us know where all our visitors came from within a year ( Maximum selected with ClustrMaps ).